Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Popcorn

Sunday, I went to see "Batman Begins" with my spawn, because he fits the target demo, and on some whim I bought the Giganto Skip o' Corn and the Vat o' Pop, and a little glimmer of understanding about the obesity epidemic struck me. Just holding that great big trashcan of popcorn had an Alice in Wonderland effect on me and made me feel teensy and wee. This was compounded by trying to hold a cup which I couldn't even grasp sufficiently in one hand. I felt like a Lilliputian. Of course, we made the barest dent in our ill-begotten snacks even though we were, as they say in Scotland, stuffing our coupons. Which made me feel even more wee and teeny. It's easy to delude yourself when faced with a mountain of cheap carbs about how much you actually ingested when only a slightly smaller mountain remains after you have done your damage.

Anyway, the movie was pretty entertaining - I had very low expectations, even though it stars this man. It has some real acting and some real actors in it, as well as fiancee-of-the-month Katie Holmes. Anyway, Michael Caine is in it and as far as I am concerned, he saves every movie he is in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home