Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Homework

I've been a little remiss in posting because a) Katrina is pretty much dominating my thoughts these days (here's an interesting post, and another good one from the Guardian, which I miss terribly) and b) because my son is now in middle school and gets lots of really hard homework. I think my I.Q. has diminished about 30 points since I was in school because I honestly don't remember studying some of this stuff. What's a predicate again? What am I not supposed to end a sentence with?

I've been feeling terribly homesick lately, but this makes me feel better (or should it be worse?). Are my compatriots just a bit more realistic or miserable bastards?

In other news, I'm going to hurry up and get an abortion while I still can! Because that's just the sort of thing us single mothers do, you know? Maybe this is just CNN, but have you noticed what a weird expression our new Chief Justice (you know he will be) always has on his face? Sort of cyborgy and repressed at the same time? Like he's going to blow his top and explode the skin off his face exposing the metal infrastructure underneath?

I've been listening to Nouvelle Vague lately. It sounds like it would be a little twee, but it actually works really well. I'm still totally in love with all of Sigur Ros who gave an incredible show last week at the Carolina Theater which just swept me away (and I'm all on for being swept away these days).

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

yikes, i've forgotten all i ever learned about grammar. i just says what i says and hopes for the best.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger J said...

i used to think john roberts was hot. but now you've ruined it for me.

please to borrow nouvelle vague with.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

When I see the name Nouvelle Vague, sometimes it strikes me as Nouvelle Vag (as in monologues). Do you still want to borrow it?

My word verification word is fqkexll. Sounds like a venereal disease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home