Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tagtime

Wendy just popped my tagging cherry. So here goes:

1.) How many books I own:
I can't be bothered counting but I think about 700 or so (including my son's extensive library of Pokemon books).

2.) The last book I bought:
This is embarassing: What You Wear Can Change Your Life by Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine. Needless to say, I'm still waiting. Though the color charts are pretty good.

3.) The last book I read:
Courtesy of Mykull, Emotionally Weird by Kate Atkinson. Now I want to read more of this author.

4.) Five books that mean a lot to me:
1. Nights at The Circus by Angela Carter. My favorite book EVER.
2. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie. I've read this at least 5 times and I love it each time.
3. The Virgin and The Gypsy by D.H. Lawrence. This one makes me all tingly and wish gypsies lived in Durham.
4. Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson. My favorite book as a little kid. It's really trippy.
5. The Midnight Farm by Reeve Lindbergh. I read this book over and over to my son when he was little. It's so cozy, and makes me want to take a nap while ten little mice dance on the windowsill.

5.) Five people I’ve tagged: It's time to spread the lurv.
Mykull
Minty
Phil (in between packing)
Christa
Rebecky (but only if she has time...)

I hope it was good for Wendy as it was for me...

5 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger J said...

finn family moomintroll is about the manson family, isn't it?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I've never read any D.H. Lawrence, but is the book you like as violent and sexy as I perceive all DHL books to be?

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

It's not really violent, but it is sexy, not just because it's erotic (not too much by modern standards), but because of the theme of escaping the boundaries of gender, duty and class. Unfortunately, women still have to be as good as they did in D.H. Lawrence's time, just in a different way. And it sucks! That's enough feminism for now...

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

Can I tell you that reading your comment while looking at that red-yarn-headed Cabbage Patch Kid caused a large amount of cognitive dissonance in my brain?

thank you.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

I picked that picture because a) I don't want a real one of me and b) an old boyfriend of mine said I looked like a CP doll and unfortunately I have to agree. We parted many years ago; he with his manhood intact, amazingly enough. But as you can tell I'm not like a CP doll on the inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home