Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Dream

I welcome any interpretations.. I was in a bus with a bunch of people I know, and we were going on a road trip and going to parties. The destination - San Francisco, or at least a weirdly pyschedelic version of it with gigantic pom-pom flowers everywhere. All the parties we were going to were situated on a steep hill, and to get to each house there was a really hard to negotiate rickety ladder. The first house was really beautiful with a big open hallway with really shiny wooden floors but completely empty. The guy who owned it was a jackass because he was going to rip out all the cool old decor - the bathroom had dusty pink wallpaper with bunnies and Mabel Lucy Atwell kids all over it.

Then I talked to the brother of one of the (real) people in the party and he said he dressed up as a panda because he had dark circles under his eyes. Sure enough, he looked just like the 'real' person with dark circles. The 'real' person confessed to me he had insomnia and I was like 'Me too!!!'.

Then we went to another house after climbing a really big steep cobbled hill, and the ladder to the house had a really hard to negotiate trapdoor and lo and behold - it was my house (I know Michael will have a field day with this one). Anyway, I had a huge piano in the corner of the room which no-one played, and someone started playing it and it spontaneously combusted. Actually, now it's becoming pretty apparent what my dream is about. Anyway, my piano fire was doused and the wet, panting, spent piano removed from my living room, and we all left my house. The End.

In my kitchen this morning, I notice the Tiny Kingdom of Ants, which I had hitherto ignored in the security of my gianthood, is growing. I believe they have marshalled outside forces and are starting military drills. They have made a few cursory, but effective attacks, on sink crumbs. I am growing increasingly frightened and concerned, especially knowing they have breached Michael's stronghold and made a bold strike on Cat Food Mountain. I fear I may be next...

4 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

That would have been a way better dream. But then the piano might have burst into flames too early.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger J said...

i can only interpret your dream when i know who was fingering your huge, lonely piano before it erupted into a fiery orgasm. (i hope it wasn't jacob?)

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must concur with Minty. I immediately pictured Georia O'Keefe paintings when I read about the flowers.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home