Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Wendy came to town

Wendy came to town for a reading at the Regulator, and stayed with my dear friend and neighbor, Michael, who threw a great post-reading party. I'm a bit in awe of her, not because she is intimidating in any way, but she's so funny and perceptive and smart that I worry about being a dorky goofball in front of her. Which of course makes me behave like a dorky goofball.

I already have this , but now I want to get this too. I would laid down my dosh right there at the Regulator but Michael needed me for party flunky duty. And I also want the Weightwatcher card book when it comes out. I didn't get to do the whole American sleepaway camp thing, but I do remember my desperate, desperate lust to be a Brownie and wear that little dung colored shirtwaist with the yellow tie, just like all the other eight year olds, so I can relate. Needless to say, I never got a single badge nor do I remember anything outdoorsy about it but I do remember knitting blankets for the children in Africa. Just what they needed.

We had a lot of Locopops while she was here - along with other Durhamites with good taste. They have a phenomenal lavender cream one which tasted like soap would taste like if soap tasted good.

I made a cake for the party which I was secretly quite proud of and I'm hoping someone will do my bragging for me and post a picture......

4 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger J said...

darling, let's go to the regulator after work one day this week and get you the sleepaway book. and yes, your cake was effing AMAZING. how exactly did you get it in the shape of an erect penis? do you have a mold or did you have to do some creative cutting?

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Don't act so innocent, you big studly penis model, you

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger christa said...

i bought a copy of sleepaway, which i would be more than happy to lend you when i'm done reading it, approximately 8 months from now.

and YES your cake was phenomenal!!!! i couldn't believe how rich and yummy it was.

oh, and i was afraid lavender cream was going to taste yukky, but i found it totally un-soap-like.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Thank you sweetie! I may take you up on that. I had another lavender cream one yesterday and decided I really, really like it and it may be my new fave (dethroning mojito)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home