Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Dancing with the Obscure

I know the surprise hit of the season has been this show (don't you want to be John O'Hurley's mistress?), but my son and I have been addicted to another show - the fabulous Dance 360. The DJ drops it, the beats are fresh and the dancers bust it loose. It's on WB (natch) at 5.00, and is awesome. The contestants are a bunch of kids who are trying desperately to be 'street' and who say things like 'Yo! Who says white girls can't dance?'. I think secretly they are all students at Miss Ponsonby's School Of Genteel Etiquette and Dance, because the whole thing is weirdly wholesome - is it the out-of-date, mannered slang, or the fact that one of the hosts is a Nickelodeon alum, or that the prize in the dance-off is a paltry $360? Who knows?

Well anyway, the show has had the side effect af making my son and I dance badly around the house hollering 'Tag your man, tag your man, tag your man', and that can't be a bad thing.

Billy Bob Thornton disturbs me. I guess because 'Bad News Bears' is coming out, he seems omnipresent. He reminds me scarily of my ex, his looks, his persona, and most of all, his unsavory aura that you could go and have an innocent lunch with him and end up spending three days in a rat-infested sleazy motel drinking Jack Daniels out of a dirty tooth-mug in your underwear.

And here's a piccie of the cake from last week: Cake : Book

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger J said...

BEST. CAKE. EVER!!!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Hey Minty,
I guess a tooth-mug must be a British phrase, like flannel for washcloth. It's the glass or mug in the bathroom that you rinse your mouth out with after brushing your teeth - the one the experts always tell you has fecal matter on it if it resides closer than 6ft to the toilet, which it always does.

And Mykull: thank you, thank you. I'll happily make another for you anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

The cake was not only beautiful, but YUMMY too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home