Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

More Strum und Drang

Both literally with Rita, and in Washington.

I've finally gotten over my overweening urge to talk about Katrina all the time, thanks to Barry Bonds. When I was at the gym this morning, the TV was on some sports show, and Mr. Bonds rather pathetically used Katrina as a decoy to avoid talking about his steroid abuse. Which made me think I should give it a rest, even though I can't stop thinking about it.

I find this very comforting. Yay, we're just the same! (except for the throwing and the fighting and the wacking off). And this can never happen to us women. But apart from that - we're just the same - yay!

I did get distracted while over at the Guardian, and I found this, which is strangely fascinating. I have a hard time believing this is real. OK, it's Britney Spears, but is she really that gullible? You would have to be really young or really dumb (I mean, dumber than Britney!) to fall for that crap (though that is probably Neil Strauss's intended audience).

I've found the perfect PMS food. Glaaaarggh.

My son subscribes to Nickolodeon magazine, and as I was handing it to him today, it flipped open to a page with a small foil packet about one and a half inches square. That certainly caught my attention. But the foil packet was only filled with Splish Splat Goo, which had the unfortunate consistency of raw egg whites. This might have been OK if my mind wasn't already in a very bad place with the condom doppelganger. The disturbing texture of the goo was luckily mitigated by it's not-found-in-nature, not-even-up-one's-nose shade of green.

4 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I'm very, very, very, very glad that there wasn't a condom in Nick Magazine. That would be wrong in a hundred ways.

and Minty is bad :-)

(in a good way)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger J said...

let's make those rolo cookies this weekend. screw the plum crumble. what is that, some kind of effed-up scottish dessert? we're in america, where we eat only american desserts.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Yeah! And let's call them Freedom Cookies! And to be truly American, let's make a side of hot hydrogenated low-carb fudge dippin' sauce!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

There's a whole slew of suggestive desserts of that ilk - grunts, slumps and buckles. I'm always up for a grunt and a little clafouti (especially cherry). But maybe that's because I'm so pandowdy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home