Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Fitzmas

Oh, Turd Blossom, Tom, Bill and Scooter (Dick's Dick). Line up for your perp walk. Doesn't ruining a blue Gap dress seem like small potatoes these days?

Of course, I'm gearing up for Rove and Libby anyway to get off the hook. I have a feeling Patrick Fitzgerald is going to file for an extension, and my gratification is at least going to be delayed.

The Times has posted the list of John Peel's singles. As you can see, John had eclectic and wide-ranging musical tastes. I don't know how familiar most Americans are with John Peel, but listening to him was part of growing up in Britain, and he was instrumental in launching the careers of David Bowie, The Smiths, Nirvana, The White Stripes, Blur and Joy Division, amongst many, many others. Sort of like a Zelig of music. Plus he was a funny, funny, loveable bastard.

Via the new Salon women's blog, Broadsheet, the new Kotex packages with flowers on them. I have to admit, slowly opening red flowers on period supplies ain't doin' it for me. Neither is describing one of the flowers (tulip, tampons), as 'promising a world of color'. I thought the whole point was to prevent a world of color.

Speaking of tampons, Charles and Camilla are coming to Washington DC. I bet they have a blast - I can't imagine Bush being a very genial host right now, with bad news coming thick and fast (see above).

The new face of H&M is Mariacarla Boscono (warning: boob alert, albeit tiny ones), replacing the disgraced Kate Moss. I sort of think the new girl totally looks like she snorts a barrel load of coke. But then I always liked Kate, trashing hotel rooms with Johnny Depp and sleeping with highly unsuitable rockstar boyfriends. And she's so pretty.

4 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I could never imagine Kate Moss shopping for socks, or band-aids, or food. She always seemed like an alien to me.

I'd love it if I could browse through an H&M closer to home. I was underwhelmed the one time I managed to get to one, but it would still be nice.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Their website is pretty cool, though I'm about twenty years too old for them; similar to Urban Outfitters, except not quite so trendy. You can try things on with your Virtual Model. My Virtual Model is so much more attractive than the real life me, it's not even funny.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger christa said...

"speaking of tampons..."
**snort**!!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I was half right! Let's see what happens next...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home