Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, October 24, 2005

Scary Stories

After many, many years of receiving the kind of junk mail befitting a dyed-in-the-wool liberal (Planned Parenthood, Sierra Club, Democratic party fundraisers etc), I got a piece of right wing junk mail, inviting me to join the American Compass book club. Now how did I get on this mailing list? Is it because my son is attending a charter school? Is this the thin end of the wedge, and by the time I'm 50 I will be harrumphing into my brandy about damn immigrant single mothers? Here's a quote from that skank, Anne Cooter, I mean Coulter that was on the flyer:

"I am often asked if I still think we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more than ever". No comment necessary...

Anyway, I diverted myself by combining book titles from this book club into one mega-evangelical, family-valued, trickle-down volume of self righteousness:
Whose Bible Is It?:Deliver Us From Evil, God and George W. Bush Running On Empty

You get a free duffle bag for joining, perfect for smuggling pipe bombs into your local abortion clinic! I'm tempted but I'll pass.

Speaking of school, my son is doing an animal observation project on one of our cats. It's pretty difficult to do this, as they basically don't do anything but sleep, eat and lick their butts. Unless you extrapolate their thoughts.
"God, I hate that Opal bitch. She's so goody-goody, like she never hocks up a hairball. I don't know why Marianne likes her better. Opal's so obvious, with the purring and fawning and attention getting. I'm so above that. I'm fixating my glare of death on her right now, if she would just look this way. I spat into the food bowl and she never noticed, heh. What IS that - oh, it's my tail. Ouch. Oooh, I feel a crusty bit on my butt. Better eat it. Not that I like it or anything, but you know".

I, like Pinky (but not with Pinky, unfortunately), saw MirrorMask. It was beautiful, but a rip-off of so many other movies (some of which Pinky identified). The plot was B-O-R-I-N-G and utterly predictable. I thought the best parts were the beginning and end, and the middle was a muddle.

This packaging tape rocks my world (I think this is the British version, but I bought some here). No scissors required! Sad, isn't it?

I have a horrible confession. I like America's Funniest Home Videos. But only the ones with cute babies or animals in them. I think it's because I'm starting to embrace family values.

4 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

And the perpetrator of the nad attack is a cute baby or an animal.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i singed u up forr amreiKann c0mpASS beeyatch !!!!!!!@#$$%%^^ hahahHAHhahHAHHAHahahahahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I got a piece of mail addressed to me, as a "member of the republican party."

hello?! I won't even say that word out loud, let alone vote for one of 'em!

and yes, all the movies you listed were movies ripped off by mirrormask. i thought neil gaiman was supposed to be the shit - evidently not.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger christa said...

the dead guy who owned my house before i bought it was apparently a donor to the republican party. sometimes i get interesting mail with his name on it. one time an autographed photo of dubya arrived in my mailbox. i think i shrieked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home