Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ho! Ho! Oh no!

I noticed when I was driving home today, that one of my neighbors has already started to put up some Christmas decorations. Un-freaking-believable. My son has barely made a dent in his Halloween candy yet, and my porch is still displaying pumpkins in their prime.

Scooter, as seems to be common with so many right-wing politicos, has written a steamy book. Though his book crosses the line into downright skeevy and deviant.

I think of Republican sex as something like this, embracing all those weird, ancient anti-sodomy laws that are still around. However, it seems that the rabid pushers of family values have an exotic , disturbing secret life. And yet, someone like Alito is nominated to the Supreme Court. I guess you don't have to worry about abortions if you're fucking a deer.

Even though I have been eating plenty of chocolate lately (thanks to the Great Pumpkin), I am still looking for this, which is the dog's bollocks.

The Guardian has an interesting article about an endlessly fascinating website that addresses ethical dilemmas. There are some fabulous questions on there - like 'What is the definition of love?' and 'What is an irrational action?'. I don't know why I find this so interesting - I guess I didn't spend enough time getting stoned and staying up all night talking about this stuff when I was a student.

I just saw on TV, that the Today show is going to do a piece on the Da Vinci Code. That book is just the most craptacular thing I have ever read, and not only is it incredibly popular, it has spawned a whole series of books about it. I must admit, the religious stuff is pretty interesting but the plot is so super cheesy - albino monks? beautiful French cryptologist? - that it's hard to take seriously. But I realize I'm way in the minority in this, seeing as it's been on the best seller list for a gazillion years.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger J said...

i can't believe you are publicly bitching about the illuminated, revolving santa claus i put on top of my roof recently. if you don't have x-mas decorations out by nov. 1, then you just hate baby jesus. i see you still have witches in your front yard, pagan.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

have you ever had a Coffee Crisp? it is the best candy bar I have ever had, made even better by it's impossible-to-get status.

(it's canadian)

I read a thread on metafilter about Scooter's book - I think there's sex with a deer AND a bear. what a fucking deviant!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

I do hate the baby jesus. He maketh me go to that place thou callest the mall and spendeth money I hath not on presents that resideth not in the recipient's heart.

PS My word is hhork which sounds like a big loogey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home