Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

I know, I know

Yes, I haven't posted for a while - my son had a show to rehearse for which was pretty intensive, then we took sailing lessons at Lake Crabtree, which I highly recommend. $60 for six hours of lessons (even though one of the instructors was not that great, one of those pretty jocks).

The fifty albums that changed music. What, no Tubular Bells, Avalon, Revolver, A Night at the Opera, Never Mind The Bollocks, Low. I'm sure you can think of many more...

I love this Edinburgh link - I miss it so much, especially during the Festival. Even though it's jam-packed with tourists, there is so much energy and things to do and see. It seems like every church hall or meeting room has some kind of performance in it. It can be hit or miss, but I think that's part of the fun.

Someone blotted their copybook. With a big old splash of testosterone.

This is a strange story about foreign accent syndrome. It's interesting to think how much of your identity is in your voice. And does this mean that we all have the capacity to mimic other accents, we just need to short-circuit some synapse or other to do it?

Another of those people who I thought had already died aeons ago has died.

The Fall fashions are awfully familiar. Leggings, big sweaters, ankle boots, lots of black - what I wore during my twenties pretty much.

Here's fourteen(?) sexy sex scenes. I'm missing out because I've only seen five of them, and I have no desire to see Tom Cruise in a sex scene ever again, because it is just too ludicrous. The one in History Of Violence, where you actually get to see a man giving as well as getting oral sex - good fucking god.

4 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger J said...

remember that guy i dated with foreign accent syndrome? too bizarre. i'm not even sure he knows he has it.

i think the onion missed out big time on the 14 greatest sex scenes. how could anyone look over tab hunter and divine in polyester?!

 
At 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished I had printed that list out and taken it with me when I was at VisArt tonight. I ended up getting a DVD of Warner Brothers cartoons, and it turns out they don't have any sex scenes AT ALL.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I think transvestism might be the only sex in Warner Brothers cartoons. That and Elmer Fudd's big double-barreled blunderbuss.

I can't believe they didn't include Unfaithful in that list; that movie was pretty hot, though sort of silly. Funnily enough, I always get Diane Lane and Maria Bello mixed up.

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is that scene in "Rabbit Seasoning" when Bugs dresses up like a Rita Hayworth-esque bombshell, and Elmer's hat goes completely rigid. Sproing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home