Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Life is like a Movie

Unfortunately, it's a movie by Todd Solondz. My wallet got swiped at work, where the front desk are obnoxious about checking your ID badge, but not, apparently, about monitoring the freight elevator when people are moving office. It had everything in it - credit cards, driver's license, health insurance cards, and some really adorable pictures of my son. I just have to make sure I postpone my nervous breakdown until after I can prove I have insurance again. At least I got rid of my lesbian prison wardress picture on my license. It now has a rather sad-eyed picture on it, but I do look like a girl.

My colleagues were awesome and supportive about it, which helps a lot. But it does make me feel awfully vulnerable.

On a different note, as a British person, the new Ocean Spray commercials make me laugh. Straight from the bog is a horrible catchphrase for anything liquid. Especially white cranberry juice which looks like pee anyway.

Is this not one of the most fucking awesome things you have ever seen?

I am never, ever giving up chocolate. Not only is it delicious, it is healthy, and good for your skin, and you can even lose weight on it - I have. You just can't eat a shitload of it.

Speaking of yummy food, Amelia's is my new favorite place for a treat - great coffee, and good cakes. There are a couple of other celebrated bakeries in Durham which to my mind are completely overrated, as you can taste their stuff is made from a mix. Sure, they look pretty, but taste like hydrogenated vegetable fat. Amelia's kicks their butt, as far as I'm concerned. Plus you can sit outside without getting car fumes in your face.

7 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger J said...

so sorry about your wallet getting stolen. if they find the person who did it, let's throw the thief into the pit of barbed wire dolls.

speaking of, i didn't realize you were topless in your driver's license photo, you naughty girl you.

thanks for the treats from amelia's. you made my day. i think she laces her sugar with crack.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

And bottomless, but you can't see that. For some reason, they had a problem with that this time at the driver's license office. That's why I look sad in the picture.

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I miss you! Sorry about your wallet. That is such an unnecessary pain in the ass. Losing photos of the cute boy? Evil. Was there money in it?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

oh god marianne, i'm so sorry about your wallet! replacing all the stuff is such a major pain in the ass. i trust you've cancelled all the important things.

you know - i knew that bog was a synonym for toilet, but...it took you to point that out to me so i could put two and two together. i'm going to giggle every time I think about Ocean Spray.

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes. It's horrible that somebody stole your wallet. People suck. Let me know if I can give anybody a stern talking-to on your behalf.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Hey guys - thank goodness not all people suck! I'm surprised at how bad it has made me feel, but it certainly makes me feel better to read comments like these! See you all soon - I'm really looking forward to it!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger christa said...

oh my god, i totally want to get that inflatable TV for our pool! (and i'll buy it with the credit card i stole from your wallet, ha ha!)

kidding of course. my sympathies for the loss of your possessions.

as for amelia's: i second your emotion. i like their bite-sized portions of sweets. very thoughtful of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home