Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

In Vino Veritas

I think it's very interesting to see how people comport themselves when drunk. Mel is horrible; an aggressive anti-Semitic mysogonistic homophobe, whereas Jake seems kind of goofy, if obnoxious.

The last time I got drunk was karaoke night. It was intentional because a) I wasn't driving and b) there's no way I could have sung in public sober. Most of the time I stick to one or two beers; I don't really enjoy getting drunk that much. I'm a flirty, giggly and I'm sure, annoying, drunk. I will probably let you feel me up and there's a good chance I will try to feel you up in return.

I don't think your drunk personality is a reflection of your true personality, but rather those parts of your personality that are under wraps for whatever reason. For me, obviously, being a sensible, responsible single mom, draping myself over people and breathing beery endearments all over them is not something I can do very often. For Mel, being a total sociophobe is obviously frowned on. And Jake is a 'serious' actor most of the time, so acting like a frat boy is probably a blessed relief.

Do tell, what kind of drunk are you, and should I turn tail and run if I meet you in a state of inebriation?

Can you imagine fingerprinting young 'uns flying over here? I guess this is the flipside of using biometrics to identify people. I can't imagine this being done here, in spite of all the talk of erosion of civil liberties. Of course, if you are an immigrant or an asylum seeker, you get fingerprinted plus a lot more, usually a medical exam by a civil surgeon.

I just discovered I worked at two of the five best restaurants in Scotland! One Christmas, when I was a student, I worked at Ballachulish House as a chambermaid; it was absolutely beautiful, surrounded by snowy mountains in the middle of nowhere. And while I was in high school, I worked as a waitress at the Peat Inn.

Apparently, hungry men prefer heavier women. So how many men in this country are hungry? The homeless, the anorexic, teenagers and the dieting?

5 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger J said...

my stages of drunkeness are: 1) easy; 2) easier; 3) easiest; 4) even more easiest.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lessee...I go one of two ways when I drink.

In scenario one, I clam up, get tired and crash after two beers.

In scenario two, I get realllly silly, tell everyone I love them, would feel up Marianne in a heartbeat and then ask her to feel me up, and kiss everyone. Well, OK, I don't kiss everyone, but it's a fight not to.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Yes, B-day was scenario 2. And remember, I have evidence. As do you, though, I think. Heh.OK, I take it back. I DO kiss everyone.

Marianne, did you get my "present" in your left croc?

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Yes I did, thank you hun - I left a message with Jerry telling you so. Because I am a space cadet. Hope you're having fun (apart from the not smoking part)

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

BTW, now I'm sorry I missed your birthday and a free grope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home