Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Addicted again

After a long knitting hiatus, I am replenished. I have a list of things to knit and some things that just pique my interest. Plus I'm getting some online inspiration, and some hard-copy inspiration in the shape of old 60's Vogue Knitting magazines my mum sent me.

Apart from the utter coolness and timelessness of the designs (I should put these on Flickr sometime), I like that there are all these synthetic fibers you never hear of anymore, like Bri-Nylon, Courtelle, and Crimplene.

Speaking of addiction, it looks like there may be a new shoe shopping site, Endless, which could give my much loved Zappos a run for their money.

I don't know why, but these feral child stories fascinate me.

I think I lost a CD that means a lot to me; my ex-boyfriend was in the band, man. But I managed to find it cheap! Yay!

4 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Stew said...

wow,what an AWESOME scarf! I'm a sucker for cute knit things...but I lack the stamina and patience to do them myself. I'm kind of a quick-results girl. Maybe that's why I like canning.

(feral children fascinate me, too. and then I feel bad about it)

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger J said...

Ooh, thanks for the link to Endless. I have a 10-year-old pair of Kenneth Cole shoes that are no longer manufactured. :( But I found a different pair I may want to buy.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the perfect scarf for you, and very cute! I'd like to watch you knit part of it because anything like Fair Isle and cable stitches are fairly baffling and mysterious to me.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

that binary scarf is the nerdiest winter accessory i've yet to see. ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home