Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bottoms Up!

I love these retro towels 'n stuff, especially the 'Bottoms Up' one. So very cute, and a good motto for a girl to have, I think.

Did you have any idea that pot was the biggest cash crop in the US, and that production has increased ten-fold in the last 25 years? That's pretty astonishing. I only know a couple of people who admit to smoking pot; so where are all these potheads?

The arguments my family has are nothing like as rational as the ones described here. Where's the Unconnected Historical Grudge argument? Or the If You Don't Know I'm Not Going To Tell You argument? Or the Tight-Lipped Shoulder Chip argument? Or the You're Just Like Your Grandmother argument (frequently levelled at me)?

I'm going to copy off of Lastewie and steal her meme.

1. Yourself: contented
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): non-existent
3. Your hair: red
4. Your mother: inscrutable
5. Your father: loveable
6. Your favorite item: son
7. Your dream last night: bizarre
8. Your favorite drink: chai
9. Your dream car: new
10. The room you are in: sitting-room
11. Your ex: sick
12. Your fear: loneliness
13. What you want to be in 10 years? busy
14. Who you hung out with last night? crowd
15. What you're not? republican
16. Muffins: homemade
17. One of your wish list items: travel
18. Time: accelerates
19. The last thing you did: pee
20. What you are wearing: skirt
21. Your favorite weather: 75
22. Your favorite book: lots
23. The last thing you ate: clementine
24. Your life: full
25. Your mood: relaxed
26. Your best friend: son
27. What are you thinking about right now? music
28. Your car: dying
29. What are you doing at the moment? listening
30. Your summer: mild
31. Your relationship status: open
32. What is on your TV? crap
33. What is the weather like? beautiful
34. When is the last time you laughed? afternoon

6 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those retro items are pretty awesome. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade -- but if I lived in the '40s and '50s I'd probably be nostalgic for the '10s and '20s. God forbid I appreciate the era in which I'm actually living. (If only this era didn't suck so horribly much.)

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I need to take you to a jaunt through Grannie's Panties some time. Plenty of history there. I have a thing for the Edwardian era, even though I probably would have been a scullery maid or a prostitute or one of those people who scavenged river sludge for firewood.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend who used to do really well at Granny's Panties - I never found anything there for myself, but she once bought a purse that weirdly, everyone used to comment on whenever we went out together. Women, men, whatever - it was a magically compelling purse.

I appreciate a good retro-style towel, myself (although a real retro towel would probably be kind of old and ratty)

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am having trouble with the idea of "doing well at Granny's Panties."

But I do appreciate a good retro-style towel.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE real retro towels. Actually, old linens are one of my weaknesses. Come on over and let me show you some of my tablecloths and dishtowels. And hankies. Hmmmmm. I love them!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger J said...

Christmas is a time for family and good conversations around the dinner table. But when talk turns to politics or religions, can you hold your own? Ethicist Daniel Sokol offers a few pointers on how to argue a strong case.

I find that SHUT THE FUCK UP works pretty well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home