Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Life's Small Victories

My computer screen had gone completely kaput, but then I looked around and I found I had purchased a three year warranty which I had totally forgotten about, so the repair was covered! Yay! Though I desperately, desperately miss my computer, now that it's in the shop. Especially all my music.

Is it wrong that I think the Bratz Babyz Mermaidz are cute? Even though their language may be a little suspect?

This is a bit of alarming news - the 3,000 year old Ayles ice shelf has broken off (actually about a year ago). Here's an amazing website about global warming.

Another Place is a kind of creepy but cool installation on Crosby Beach that was supposed to have come to the US. It seems like a quintessentially British work of art to me - maybe it's the slightly alienated distance between the figures, or the pathos of them being covered and uncovered by the sea.

So, single American women are in the majority. I think our expectations from a partner are higher than ever, and our capacity to live financially secure and socially fulfilling lives is equally high, which really ups the ante for meeting a soulmate. Plus I don't want to share my Bratz collection with anyone.

6 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger J said...

Another Place is so cool and yet makes me feel unbearably sad. The best kind of art.

Those Bratz are retarded. But if they say "Fuck you," then I like them.

Re: ice shelf. I think the concept of winter will basically no longer exist within 50 years.

Blogger is getting friggin ridiculous with their word verification requests. Here, type in this 13-letter word consisting of the letters g, q, v, w, and x. Fun!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bratz dolls are evil, as are most items marketed to kids. But maybe I would buy one for myself if it said "fuck you."

The religious right is trying to figure out how to blame the high percentage of single woman on teh gays. Film at 11.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Jerry, I will need to return your monitor. He enjoyed the road trip and the little break but he misses his daddy, and his sock monkey. Plus the cats freak him out.

I think there are so many single women because the Bratz aesthetic has permeated everyone, including single men, and most women are not sloe-eyed, blow job ready seductresses with a nightclub wardrobe. Well, I am, but I'm the exception, and I have to try so hard to hide it.

I think we should have an art installation called Another Bratz, where we plant Bratz dolls on the beach at a heartbreaking distance from each other.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

The Bratz mermaids seem a little less slutty than the other Bratz dolls. Every time I go to Target I find some Bratz playset that disturbs me a little, but I must block it, because I can't remember why.

Another Place is awesome. I'm so glad you linked to it. That's exactly the kind of art that I love.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Marsosudiro said...

Yay for warrantees, indeed!

Do you keep all your warranty information in one file folder somewhere, or is your system more random?

My system has been to keep the warranties nearby the items they cover. But I'm beginning to think that I should go for the one file folder process, instead.

(I've had to engage four different warrantees in the last four months. In two cases I didn't have the receipt. In one of those cases that created a hassle.)

Regarding Jerry's serial monogamy, I'd say the same about my serial nonogamy, but that doesn't seem to be worth much these days.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Random is a kind way of putting it. I had totally forgotten that I had it, until I found it in a search for something unrelated. Best Buy didn't give me any hassle about it at all, other than the Geek from the Geek Squad being terribly patronising.

Can nonogamy be serial?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home