Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

OK Not So Lazy

Why is Nintendo's new game system called wee? As in 'I really, really want a wee'. Or 'I really like the look of that wee.' Or 'Just look at all the things you can do with a wee.' They could have called it a 'Y' or an 'wai-ee' (like the correct pronunciation of Hawaii), or even a 'whee'.

I suspect I may be welcoming one into my home soon, given the exorbitant amount of Christmas moolah my son seems to have accumulated. He is obsessed with Naruto right now, and wants to maximize the number of delivery devices he has.

Does anyone else think The Crane Wife sounds like Yes in parts? And Pink Floyd in others? Or is it just because I am an old fart? However, that said, I think it is awesome.

I'm making one of my favorite Christmas recipes today for dessert:

Caramelized Oranges

One orange per person
1/4 cup sugar per orange
cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger, orangeflower water, Grand Marnier

Cut the peel from the oranges and thinly slice. Place in a pretty bowl. Put the sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and heat on a high heat until it melts and caramelizes (you might have to shake the pan to get it all caramelized). Add about 1/2 cup water for each cup of sugar. The caramel will immediately sizzle and harden into a sugar man o' war, so melt it again over medium heat. Add your flavorings from the list above (any or all, easy on the cloves, they are pretty pungent) and pour over the oranges and let them macerate (snigger) for a good long time. Serve, in an ideal world, with whole milk Greek yoghurt and some home-made cookies.

9 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love an orange like that. or even just a carton of clementines. i heart citrus.

(and yes, the Decemberists do get a little prog-y at times - they do love their long epics)

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger J said...

i heart caramelized oranges.

i do not heart the cranes.

i heart your blog.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger J said...

i heart volcanic slumber, too.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

i heart periodic eruptions

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger J said...

i heart erupted periods.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart carmelized oranges, toooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also heart carmelized oranges, although I didn't know I hearted them until last Sunday.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like the opportunity to heart caramelized oranges too. But I am too lazy to make them. Who will help a sister out?

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I will ensure that you get some caramelized oranges very, very soon. That's a promise, sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home