Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, February 19, 2007

Poisonality

I took this personality test, and got the same results three times in a row, much to my disappointment. It's a little boring and predictable, isn't it?

Here's another quiz that's kind of fun: what American accent do you have? I am apparently, from the North East. Which is kind of true.

The father of my future children has an ice-cream named for him. I would say that's always an asset.

Oh, why do I love thee, oh breakfast appliance? I want one in my office.

I hear rumours that Ginger Altoids are history. I love ginger in any incarnation but combined with chalk and wrapped in parchment and then in a tin is one of my favorites.

This report from the United Nations got a lot of press in Europe, but not much here. Yes, Britain is at the bottom of the heap, but the US didn't fare too well either. The Czech Republic and Poland both did better. And child poverty stands at 15% here and in the UK.

10 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

I got similar results to yours, although apparently I'm "more agreeable" and "more open." Shhhhyeah. On the Internet, maybe.

I also somehow ended up with a Boston accent.

Before I checked the "report from the United Nations" link, I thought you were referring to the global warming report. Did you see the N&O the day after it came out? The big Page One headline was "Global Warming Blamed On Man." My first thought, of course, was, "Well, who is he? Let's get him!"

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Marsosudiro said...

Is "not willing to take a test with this many questions" cause to reckon "low on the agreeable scale"?

As for the accents, I am apparently from the same place as both Jerry and Marianne, which makes sense on one count, but not on the other, and not yet on another.

More importantly (as pertains to the first test, anyway), I am currently listening to the soundtrack to Calle 54, which I thought I had lost from all my computers. I am in heaven.

Of course, this also means I won't be able to sleep (despite the fact that it's 2:33 a.m.) because I will have the music in my head.

Damn.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Stew said...

Do I really want to admit to this result?

My results for the American accent quiz betray my roots for sure:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."


I love quizzes, but that first one made me feel a little...bad.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from the Inland North, too. But really I'm from the Midwest. I'm so confused.

Why oh why do the Brits still refuse to give their orphan chirrren second helpings of porridge?

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Myküll, I always considered myself from the Midwest as well. I've not heard the Inland North region name before. Great Lakes states? Yeah.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

More porridge! More porridge! Those guttersnipes don't deserve porridge.

They can pick pockets and clean chimneys as befits their station in life.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I took that accent test, and I think it pegged me pretty closely (and no dinner first, wocka wocka), although I don't recall exactly what it said.

I do, as I like to say, have the coveted Midwestern newscaster accent. Thankfully, I don't have the helmet hair to match.

They need to make that breakfast maker a cozy cover, so I can go to sleep with it, and make eggs and toast right when I wake up.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss Ginger Altoids, but the presence of new chocolate-covered Altoids makes me feel better.

Well, the presence of chocolate-covered ANYTHINGh usually makes me feel better.

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that extra "h" at the end of the word "anything" in my last comment was covered in chocolate, I might feel better.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger christa said...

who cares about ginger altoids and accents when there's a link to a gorgeous photo of stephen colbert in this post??! c'mon people!

marianne, i'm going to have to fight you for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home