Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ten Things

I got tagged by Von Jerrystein.
  • These are jobs I've had, outside my main career, since I was fourteen: waitress, cocktail waitress, dish washer, cleaner, chamber maid, short order cook, working in a pie factory, shop assistant, lab technician, picking up trash at the Golf Open on the Old Course, making crafts for sale at the Scottish Craft Centre, freelance catering, babysitting, fruit picking, and potato lifting.
  • I once got stung by a dozen yellow jackets at once
  • I caught measles twice when I was a kid
  • I once spoke only French for a month when I was staying with my grandmother's friend in Switzerland and it was the only language we had in common
  • These are countries I've visited or lived in: Scotland, England, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Germany, Yugoslavia, Austria, Italy, Fiji Islands, New Zealand, Malaysia, Thailand, Hong Kong, South Korea, Jamaica, USA. My favorite is New Zealand
  • My sister lived in Chapel Hill twenty years ago when I still lived in Scotland. Now she lives in London.
  • My ex-husband's second wife (I was number three) was a Playboy Bunny. It took me a while to get past that.
  • My favorite food ever is white truffle.
  • For years and years, I used to have an apple and an orange for lunch (from about ages 14 to 21). I know that's pretty fucked up but there you are.
  • My hands, feet and head are ginormous for a chick. I have a hard time with hats and my feet are size 11. I think I'm really a man in disguise. Now - who to tag? There's so much overlap in this incestuous blog world, and a bunch of us seem in hiatus mode. So - leave your ten things in the comments, and tag whoever you want. I hate rules, man.

  • 5 Comments:

    At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

    For years and years, I used to have an apple and an orange for lunch (from about ages 14 to 21). I know that's pretty fucked up but there you are.

    As long as you didn't try to compare them, you're fine.

    Also, "potato lifting" sounded like a pretty easy job at first, until I realized you were probably lifting more than one potato at a time.

    Thanks for your effort in perpetuating Internet memes!

     
    At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    were you chosen as a potato lifter because of your ginormous hands?

    let's open a scottish imports/white truffle business in lakewood strip mall.

     
    At 9:16 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

    You have really seen the world, I'm impressed!

    And hey, an apple and an orange for lunch are better than no lunch at all. You get all those good vitamins - a and o.

    a bunny? seriously?!

     
    At 10:54 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

    I have a friend who, one Halloween, went as Gloria Steinem when she was undercover as a Playboy bunny. It was pretty much the most awesome costume ever. Of course, it didn't hurt that I was secretly in love with her at the time.

    If that person happens to be reading this, however unlikely that may be: Ha, ha! Just kidding!

    (Like you didn't know, anyway.)

    (Over it now, though. Pretty much.)

     
    At 8:26 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

    I think I would be in love with someone who had that costume, too.

    The 2nd wife of ex was really a Bunny. She taught archery. As a Bunny. That's so unlikely it has to be true.

    She also had a twitchy bunny nose, if you get my drift.

    Between ages 15 and 30, my life was pretty eventful. Now - not so much.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home