Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Plus ca change

Those PC vs. Mac commercials are getting tons of airtime, with the release of the latest Windows behemoth, Vista. But did you know that the British versions have completely different actors? They're a well-known comedy duo, which has got to make the ads completely different. The US ones are very well acted, IMHO. But John Hodgman is too cute for me to disdain the PC.

An interesting book on pyschology just got republished. It addresses our collective irrationality; for example, why parents worry more about their child getting abducted than getting killed in a car accident. The excerpt on the website is really awesome.

Soon, it will be my least favorite day of the year. I like the Japanese version (chocolate obligation), which is about right. Actually, I really did like it when my son was in elementary school. Everyone in his class got cards from everyone else, and everyone got candy. I much prefer that version to the adult emotional pressure cooker.

I guess enough people dislike V-Day for the mainstream card companies to provide Anti-Valentine's Day cards, which is strangely comforting.

And last, but not least, congratulations to Stewpants, on landing a great new job!

8 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

This is all you, or I, or anybody will ever need to get us through 02/14.

I'm especially fond of the Smoove B. "Also, I will wash you" card.

Damn.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Stew said...

This is another beautifully joyous way to spend the anti-holiday.

Oh, and thanks for the congrats...I suppose it's time to go back to the traditional "job" track. I rather prefer contributing to society through living small and not working. But I guess I'll just now be living small AND working. Eh. At least it'll pay the bills and hopefully be FUN.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

Aww! What's Her Face finally has something good happen to her! FULL BARS!!

Incidentally, that first comment, which I deleted, was identical to the second comment, which I did not, except for a typo ("Also, I will was you" instead of "Also, I will wash you").

I know that admitting this has totally made me lose all of my Mindy cred.

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Your Mindy cred is intact. I think any girl would want to was you, Valentine's day or not.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I feel shame that I didn't immediately know that "Mindy Cred" was supposed to be "indie cred." I hang my head.

I hub you all.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making a Valentine's card for Daniel Craig. I hope it will lead to him casting me as the gay villian in the next James Bond movie. My name could be Goldmember.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

or Chad Sexington.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home