Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Disturbing Dream

Straight from the recesss of my brain, a region that is now under permanent lockdown and is being made to dance with a pair of underpants on it's head, came this screaming unholy banshee of a dream. Rosie O'Donnell remade the entire 'Ziggy Stardust' album (picture her with the haircut if you will), and made a rockumentary about it with Tom Cruise. Part of the conversation was how important it was for them to look good for their public, and Rosie said that a stylist had taught her how to femme up but that she would show up for premieres in glammy dresses and Chuck Taylors. Then another stylist had turned her on to wide shoes impregnated with KY so they slid on and off easily (this makes no sense at all, you know she has drawers full of the stuff).

I do not welcome any interpretations. It's bad enough that I remembered this dream. Though it does occur to me that it contains a famous lesbian, a famous closet case and a famous bi-sexual (or was at that time, Iman is a deal closer).

In unrelated news, I have lost three pounds just by 'cutting down'. Yay! I may have lost more weight as a result of the dream, and certainly will not be enjoying my food as much as usual today.

Something else that puts me off my food is those disgusting Fruit Gusher commercials where the kid (whose head is a swollen blue raspberry) sneezes and blue snot explodes over everything. These are the most repulsive commercials, which is ironic, because I have to admit, I think the charms of the Fruit Gusher can stand on their own. Chewy outside with a sweet, gelatinous interior, they're pretty good, considering the nearest they have been to fruit is passing a fruit tree in the truck from the chemical plant to the store. I always steal a bag when I get some for the sprog.

4 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger J said...

please don't dream about rosie cheeks o'donnell again tonight.

thank you.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger christa said...

woo! congrats on the 3#s!

as for the dream helping aid the weight loss...

the day before i started my diet, i weighed myself before going to bed. then i weighed myself in the morning, just out of curiosity. i lost something like 2.5 pounds overnight.

i told ray. flabbergasted, he wanted to know what happened overnight that i could drop that kind of poundage. i said, "i guess i was just sleeping vigorously."

it's a new catchprhase of ours now... "sleeping vigorously"

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

If there was an industry magazine about children's candy, I'd love to subscribe to it. how they come up with these ideas, and then convince themselves that these things are actually a good idea (and won't either twist the DNA or rot the teeth of the target demographic) fascinates me.

do remember that gum that had a liquid center? chewels or freshen-up? we always used to call it come gum. I can imagine that "gushers" is probably a similar concept. yikes.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Heh. Come gum - that's funny, but now I will no longer be able to whole heartedly bite down on a Gusher.

I think we should all start a new diet plan, called the Lazy-Ass-Sleep-Until-Noon diet, optional Rosie dream for extra weight loss. And then a bag of Gushers for breakfast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home