Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superblow

Err, I mean Superbowl. Of course I didn't watch. Maybe a couple of commercials, and a little bit of the half-time show, for assimilation purposes. After fifteen years of living here, I still don't understand American Football. It seems so S-L-O-W, and seems to involve a lot of staring at spandexed buttocks. Now of course, we have the Internet, so we have the commercials and their critiques instantaneously posted.

The Budweiser Wave one (second down, middle column - hey, that sounds like something one of those football-y guys would say) is stunningly similar to but not as good as this one .

Also, what is the deal with Go Daddy? What are they and why do their commercials always get banned, and where are they the other 364 days of the year?

This is just exactly the kind of crap that should sound the death knell for the British Monarchy. What the hell? Someone in a public position who can take a stand for so many things, sticks up for old greasy sheep meat (I won't stoop to a Camilla joke). Plus it seems a bit hypocritical for an incredibly wealthy man who still takes government subsidies that could go to the farmers he claims sympathy for.

I bloody hate St. Valentine's Day, it makes me feel like such a loser (I can guarantee none of the bouquets at the reception desk will have my name on it). However, I do kind of like these these Valentine's cards and scraps. They used to belong to Susie Bright's mother, which somehow seems apt for the holiday.

And for you men out there looking for a unique gift for that special someone, it would be hard to top this (except with a swirl of whipped cream and a cherry).

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger christa said...

i purchased my domain name through godaddy. they're super-cheap.

mmm.... chocolate penis.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I love those vintage valentines - did you see the Law and Order SVU-tines? Those made me laugh.

And I often wonder where those "controversial" companies are, the rest of the year. they must save their pennies to pay the big bucks for Super Bowl advertising.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger J said...

betty jo's valentines are the coolest and cutest valentine's ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home