Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Giant Drag

describes both what it's like to go back to work again, and also whose song is totally stuck in my head - Kevin is Gay.

Speaking of gay, Brokeback Mountain is an incredible movie. It's a beautiful and tragic love story, and I would think the story would resonate with anyone who has fallen in love with someone that they can't be with, for whatever reason. Heath Ledger is absolutely amazing in it, and he had better get a bloody Oscar.

I actually saw this in the News and Observer - dangerous ideas. Such as the difference between the real and virtual worlds is vanishing. This is really thought provoking to me - my childhood in Scotland (or living in Fiji, or LA, or being married to someone I hear from maybe once a year) seems so distant and foreign, that the difference between my memories of it and a vivid dream or a good movie is minimal. So which is more real? Anyway, it's a very addictive website.

The guy who designed this website had a simple but brilliant idea - selling pixels. Lucky, lucky bastard. The last few pixels are making quite a bit on EBay

I feel so sorry for Charles Kennedy. And so not sorry for Tom DeLay. About bloody time. Let's hope his buddy is going down too.

This pair are like Two Fat Ladies in drag, if they were both alive that is.

I saw on FOX that they call the post (football) game show the OT. I just hate this trend for 'on the O' something-that-rhymes-with-see. What about 'on the o.b.' for when you're on the rag? Or 'on the o.g.' for church-goers or conversely if you're having good sex? Or 'on the o.z.' if you're Judy Garland.

4 Comments:

At 12:52 AM, Blogger J said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I loved brokeback mountain, too. I was surprised at some of the easy humor of it.

And I miss the two fat ladies. Is it the dyed-black-hair FL who is no longer with us? They could kick Emeril's ass - he thinks he invented pork fat.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with minty on this one - phil hoffman just HAS to get the oscar. if he doesn't win it, i will be intensely disappointed.

"brokeback mountain" is one of my favorite short stories. you should give it a read. annie proulx's entire "close range" collection of short stories is well worth a trip to the library.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger christa said...

so, if they'd just named the show "OT" (for, like, "overtime") that would be ok? but the placing of "the" in front of it is bad?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home