Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Auld Claes and Porridge

My lovely old Dad says this every New Year - 'Back to auld claes and porridge' - which loosely translated means back to old clothes and plain eating. I'm usually ready for this by New Year's, when I start to crave citrus fruit and soups with lots of veggies in them. And I want to start A Project. And I start to feel like an antsy teenager desperate for freedom (being a single mom of a pre-teen is very much like being a teenager; you can't wait to be freed of your shackles but you're scared as well, so you spend a lot of time moaning about it and not much actually trying to escape those 'shackles').

Apparently, the troops in Iraq aren't as well entertained, as they have been in the past, but it's interesting to note which celebrities are still hanging in there: Al Franken, Henry Rollins, and Robin Williams (much as he gets on my last nerve). And Ted Nugent, packin' of course.

My son and I have been spouting our new angry Hermione inspired catchphrases:

For your information, and in case you haven't noticed.. insert indignant declaration here
Will you STOP going on about...insert subject of obsession here

We love angry Hermione.

What's the deal with plunging into icy , icy water on New Year's Day?

Dunno why but I was looking for celebrity playlists, and I found Jennifer Garner's, which is the lamest thing I have ever seen. Wow - she really is thirteen going on thirty. It explains a lot (willingness to spawn with Ben Affleck, bad movie choices)

3 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

Jennifer Garner's playlist really makes her seem sort of.....retarded, somehow.

and I never have any desire to plunge into icy water, on New Year's, or any other day, really.

i'd really like to know exactly *how* Henry Rollins entertains the troops.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger J said...

did you see the caption at the bottom of robin williams's website? "come inside my mind." ummm . . . i'd rather not.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

It feels like he comes inside your mind, he's so disturbingly manic.

And Henry Rollins frightens me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home