Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Nothing sucks

like my clapped out barely a year old vacuum cleaner. It's not like I'm that hard on it or anything, only having one carpeted room in my house. And I'm not that much of a hausefrau, though I do kind of like doing housework (or rather, I like to not feel shame about the state of my house). I like a slightly cluttered, book-filled cottage-y house that smells of something good cooking, that's clean and tidy enough to relax in. I don't really get why people buy big fancy houses and they're really messy, or have no comfy chairs - what's the point?. Anyway, my stupid vacuum cleaner bit the dust (ha,ha).

I think it's weird that Hugh Laurie is considered a sex symbol, now that he's won a Golden Globe. In the U.K, he is (was?) considered a comedian who played buffoons, though I think the character of House is kind of sexy, in a Byronic doomed sort of way.

George Galloway is being lambasted for pretending to be a cat on Big Brother. I think what's worse is he is so blatantly absent from his constituency, a job for which he gets a salary. He's probably best known here for being 'involved' in the U.N. Oil for Food program. Though it's hardly worse than our lot, who don't have to pretend to be fat cats who got the cream.

I hope this fake skin trend doesn't take off. The apron is particularly Silence-of-the-Lambs. And I'm sorry, but there is no way I would hang one of these bags off my belt. I do not want a dangly inside out testicley thing bouncing around my butt, contrary to popular opinion.

I love these stories about people who made it to 100. They sound like such a sweet bunch of old people. And now there's a theory that your grandparents lifestyle can affect your health. Which might be good news for me as both my grandmothers were tough old birds; one in a genteel, ladylike, covertly slugging down brandy manner, and the other in an almost pathalogically self-reliant Luddite way.

5 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger J said...

i wonder if they could make me one of those testicular bags that looks like this.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Mykull, I thought you already had a couple of elephant testicles.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I've seen those testicle bags (isn't that something I say all the time?) and think they are truly....special.

and i can't think of Hugh Laurie as anything but the poncey prince or king or whatever he was on Blackadder, all excited about his white satin party pants.

(or "trousers" or whatever english people call pants that aren't underpants)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger J said...

marianne, you're confusing me with jacob.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

white satin party pants are sexy, didn't you know that, pinky?

seriously, though, i've always kind of had the hots for hugh laurie. i loved him in 'jeeves and wooster', and he totally sold me on the sexy sarcasm in 'sense and sensibility'. and bonus, there's a faculty member here at duke that looks a hell of a lot like him. yay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home