Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fool's

Well, so far I have neither perpetrated nor suffered an April Fool's joke. Here's some of the jokes I've seen this year:

Chris Martin turning his back on Tony and turning Tory. The thing is, I can just imagine Gwyneth turning Tory. She seems like a Home Counties matron in training, with her blonde hauteur and general snootiness, and I'm sure that rubs off on Chris, who seems a bit impressionable.

Tony Blair is painting the famous black door of 10 Downing Street red. More likely to be blue, or maybe brown to match his nose, don't you think?

Via Metafilter, Google romance, featuring contextual dating with ads that will enhance your romantic experience. As an aside, doesn't it strike you that computer dating is sort of like diet clinics - if they really work, their demise would be certain? Just their existence means they don't work.

April Fool's jokes played the day before for expediency's sake, like this one in Indiana, sort of lose any funniness. Kind of like getting a box of chocolates the day after Valentine's, when they're on sale.

I have to admit, I have a particular disdain for uber-geeky April Fool's - like this one. They are just too corny be funny - they're funny like a joke your teacher tells, i.e sort of inoffensive and non-controversial and therefore lacking in humor.

This is not an April Fool's joke, but the comments to this article about some guy who has cats who wishes he didn't are interesting, given the British reputation for being animal lovers.

This is a disturbing candy - training pills. To get the young 'uns used to popping stuff through the foil. At least it would take a while to eat them, whereas I could snarf 26 M & Ms in one handful, no problem.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

"our eerily effective psychographic matchmaking software."

- the google romance thing was the funniest. that was appearing all last week, wasn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home