Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Return of the Cooking Club

Yay! To celebrate Valentine's Day, Mykull and I decided to make some cupcakes, using Magnolia bakery's recipe. Let's not dwell on the sad fact that the beneficiaries of our Valentine's largesse are our workmates.

I've only made these cupcakes like a Brazilian times, for my son's birthdays and PTA thangs, and they are always good. It's hard to go wrong with 4 sticks of butter and 10 cups of sugar. Mykull beat the batter, because he has nice strong wrists. We filled the cupcake liners about 1/2 full, baked them and they turned out jest right.

We took a break to go to a dessert-heavy party, then returned home to make frosting in a beautiful Pepto-Bismol pink.

Sample dialog from the kitchen:
I don't think it can take eight all at once
Let's loosen it up a bit, then I think we can add it a little bit at a time, and we can get all eight in
Wow, you're right!
Of course, we were talking about sugar. After the dessert party, and licking the frosting bowl, we both ended up in the corner of the kitchen nauseous, shivering and talking each other down. But the cupcakes looked pretty good.

Here's a really bad idea for Valentine's. Nothing says I love you like a big cabbage fart, which I suspect is the end result of this cake. Plus Scharffenberger costs nine bucks a bar. Not the chocolate to waste on a novelty cake.

And here's a skeevy candy for Valentine's Day. Is it worse if it's really chewy? I wonder if it unrolls. Then it could fit on the chocolate penis from my last post.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

i'm making pink cupcakes tomorrow! I hope my big plastic box is big enough for a dozen. Well - a dozen minus one or two :-)

I saw a woman make a cake featuring tomato juice (or sauce?) on the food network, and wanted to gag. Now I see that people add mayo and sauerkraut to cakes? That's a terrible thing to do to an innocent cake.

And the gummy condom - I have no words. None.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger J said...

still. shaking. can't. come. down. send. help. need. more. cupcakes.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Mykull. This is important. Get the bag of sugar in the fridge. Mix it with the corn syrup in the first-aid kit I left you. Drink it immediately. Then you need to get a precription from your doctor for sucrose - that's S-U-C-R-O-S-E. I'm afraid you'll be on that stuff for life.

My word is sskly, funnily enough.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger J said...

Look for my hands in a JC Penny ad coming to your town soon!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger christa said...

yum!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home