Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Knitty Gritty

Well, you all know I will try and knit just about anything - I just found a new source of inspiration. I don't know where this knitting obsession came from - a lot of it is mental; I actually think it makes a big difference to my state of mind, and helps make me the reasonably calm person I am most of the time. Plus homemade socks are awesome! Let me know if you ever want a pair...

Some other things that I find therapeutic are doing this blog thing, though most of the time I don't say anything of much import, and music, which I crank up whenever I do dishes and housework (which is a fair slice of my free time). Exercise helps a bit too, but not as much as those other things.

Why is this man getting some? He just had a highly publicised affair (how bourgeois) with his secretary, who is 23 years younger. I swear, it's a man's world. A woman of the same age and equivalent attractiveness would not be knocking boots with her young male secretary, I'm pretty sure.

These commercials freak me out. If you haven't seen them, they feature a car of people (usually a Benetton-like mix of colors and ages) chatting up their wives, or the movie they just saw, when suddenly out of the blue they slam into another car. My knee-jerk reaction is not favorable to VW - now VWs and crashing are inextricably linked in my brain, instead of VWs and pot, or VWs and bobos or VWs and mystery solving teens.

I totally want to pimp a snack for cooking club some day. It would be great to pimp a giant Peep (a Peemp?), even though they are completely inedible.

Here's a concept - a Christian sexual aids store. I was more than a little disappointed that there were no actual Christian sex toys. Just don't use the Angel Gabriel condoms - they totally don't work.

My son saw this gadget that translate your cat's meows. I don't need a gadget to tell me what my cats want:
6:00 am smelly butt in my face = Get up and feed me bitch
Sitting on computer = Get up and feed me bitch
Stare = Get up and feed me bitch
Well, you get the picture...

10 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger J said...

I love this sentence: "The toy translates meows and purrs into human language such as, 'I can't stand it.' "

Will you knit me a boyfriend? Thanks.

P.S. I have the Band of Horses CD on my iTunes. Jeeeeeeealous?

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

After I knit myself one. And I am jealous, but you're such a good friend, so I know you'll do the right thing.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

PS you reminded me of that joke-

My mother made me a homosexual

If I gave her wool, would she make me one too?

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG--those crafts are SO CUTE! I am sort of in love with the cinnamon roll. Which sometimes can be better than a boyfriend.

Gee, I think my cats speak the same language as yours. Except sometimes with one of them it's "come over and watch me eat, bitch." Yeah, she's weird.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I agree with minty about the cinnamon roll...but I think it would be made even better by the addition of eyes and a smile...like you did with her pistachio.

that thing is SO damn cute!

I've seen the "english breakfast" hat and bag before - that is so silly.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger christa said...

sounds like you & mykull both need the pocket fireman.
http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1286
hubba hubba

one of the blessed features of tivo is never having to watch any tv commercials. so i was unaware of this VW marketing campaign. i just watched two of the ads online and i rather like them. quite effective, i think.

if only we had more realism like that in other ad campaigns. maybe the oxiclean guy would be hollering about how clean it gets his clothes, and then someone SMACKS IN HIM THE MOUTH. perhaps a coke commercial that said, "sure, it tastes good, but really it's just a bottle of fizzy chemicals." or imagine... tampon commercials that actually showed... well, you get the idea.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

you mean rather than the generic blue water that stands in for all bodily fluids? I'd rather not!

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, isn't it weird that babies and ladies and old people all emit the same blue fluid, that comes out of beakers, in CommerciaLand? And sometimes happy housewives even clean it up off the floor, with paper towels.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love a pair of socks!!! And it would be a way to contribute to your mental health and overall wellbeing. So I wouldn't feel bad about it. OK, well, in theory. There are so many fun things in this entry that I don't know where to begin with the comments...So I'll stop here.

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those VW ads are my current second-least favorite commercials. The absolute worst are this series of ads from "TRU" (Tobacco Reality Unfiltered), showing the horrible effects of smoking. There's a lady with a tracheotomy and a guy with a badly disfigured face. The ads don't make me want to quit smoking so much as they make me want to quit watching television. I don't smoke, though, so I'm not the target demographic, and the ads are supposed to be disturbing, so... well done, TRU. I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home