Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Lentend

Easter is fast approaching, which I think is the official end of candy season (Halloween through Easter). But Easter's not just about chocolate bunnies and jelly beans (though this bunny is pretty fucking awesome, and I LOVE cream eggs). It's about Easter baking. That Simnel cake looks a little light on the marzipan, in my opinion. Marzipan - glaaargh. I have the taste buds of a 75 year old woman - marzipan? mmmmm! oatmeal? mmmmm! prunes (which now seem to have been unnecessarily glamorized as dried plums)? mmmmm! oxtail soup? mmmmm! milky tea? mmmm! ginger? mmmmm!

This carousel, built from kid's drawings, is the coolest carousel I have ever seen. Though I have to say, I think it might induce nightmares in the overly sensitive. My favorite is the mutant chihuahua. Not all of those animals seems to provide a natural seat.

Tartan Day in New York was a washout, which is somehow fitting. Typically Scottish both meteorologically and philosophically.

Poor Leif Garrett. The years, and the drugs, have not been kind. He used to be such a fresh faced cutie.

Here's a concept - a village without children. So who can these old biddies take out their curmudgeonliness on? Are they going to shoo each other off their lawns, and who will they rip off for oddjobs?

I am so looking forward to allergy season ending. This week, I made the mistake of taking Claritin D. How can a drug make you simultaneously a zonked out zombie and irritable as all fuck? And manages not only to dry out your nasal membranes but every other moisty membraney thing in your body? And gives you the most psycho nightmares ever? The day after I stopped taking it was like a rush of dopamine and serotonin and oxytocin (which I always get mixed up with oxycontin) all at once.

5 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That mutant chihuahua reminds me of Ren. I love Ren. Happy happy joy joy.

The one time I took Claritin D, I felt entirely disconnected from myself. I was driving on the freeway when it occurred to me that driving under its influence was probably not a good idea.

Creme eggs: ugh. Not only way too sweet, but creepy in their egginess. I'll take one of those assorted bunnies, though!

I guess sometimes it takes a village to NOT raise a child, eh?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I too must comment on the mutant chihuahua. it's face parts are all....sideways.

I think we should form a creme egg lovers society, because almost everyone I (informally) poll thinks they are narsty. I have eaten more in one sitting than I ever will admit.

(but they don't make a good omelet, no)

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am pro-Creme Egg. A couple of years ago I tried to eat 100 during the Easter season (somehow akin to Cool Hand Luke's 50 real eggs in one sitting). I didn't reach my goal, but I am still alive.

Also, Leif Garrett what happened? I remember once I dropped an album on some concrete when I was a kid and I was SO RELIEVED it wasn't one of my Leif albums. I keep thinking that his life was once so grand. It must be hard to handle not being famous anymore. That's why I embrace mediocrity...

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you linked me right up!
Thanks, man.

So Cadbury Creme Eggs? I want to love them. But they make my teeth hurt. Or something.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

I'm wondering if I can freeze them to enjoy at some non-Eastery time of year, or if their charm will diminish with availability

 

Post a Comment

<< Home