Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, May 08, 2006

Lost Weekend

Bad Twin, a book written by a passenger of Oceanic Air Flight 1815, the crashing of which provided the premise of the 'Lost' TV show, has knocked The Da Vinci Code off the top of Amazon's best-seller list. Mykull has been drawing me into his Lost obsession, which could easily describe a goodly portion of my weekend. So in addition to the TV show and this book, there is a slew of websites, some red-herrings, some made by fan-boys, with hours and hours of diverting links and clues.

I have to admit to not watching for a while, but now my interest has been re-piqued. I think my favorite character is Sawyer, because his dialogue is like the drifter in the black hat in a bad Western right before he rapes the sheriff's daughter in the hay loft ('Well, well, well, lookee here').

Do you want to depress yourself? Find out how little the average CEO has to work to earn your salary. Then you can read the stories on the website about corporate exploitation of the 99.999 out of 100 workers who are not CEOs.

Why don't they do the Beltane thing here? I personally would enormously enjoy seeing a festival like this in the Bible Belt. With lots of naked blue people gyrating around a fire, worshipping the almighty, sturdy, erect Maypole. Maybe this is where The Blue Man Group originated.

My parent's part of Scotland seems quite comfortable with paganism - there's a witch in the next village over from my parents, and she is quite the respectable pillar of the community.

I really liked Jenny's pictoral manifestation of her emotional state. Mine for a PMS-y rainy day would be a peeled snail walking a tight-rope over a bucket of acid. But I can't find a picture of that.

6 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww. That mood is over. It was just that one day. But when I read "Jenny" on here, I thought. Hmmm. What other Jenny (of millions, HA!) could that be, cause I had forgotten about creating a flicker account. Now if only I can figure out how to use it with my strange blog to host pix.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Mine is over too. But for about 20 minutes I did feel like that snail.

The socks are coming along nicely!

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay to passing bad moods and progressing socks!!

PS what do the socks look like? (not that I care, cause I am just so excited about them, but out of curiosity, you know)

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

They're grey with pink and purple stripes!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's perfect!

Oh shit. I've had too much caffeine.

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all's's (I believe that is the correct formation of the plural possessive of "y'all") visual descriptions of emotional states made me think of the song "Our Love" by Bruce McCullough (from Kids in the Hall), which is perhaps the bitterest funny thing (or funniest bitter thing) ever written.

"Our love...and I mean this in a nice way...is like taking Lassie to the desert, removing her teeth with a hunting knife; and shooting her in the head with a gun that you and she built together."

Whole thing here: http://www.kithfan.org/kith/sbm/ourlove.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home