Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

Did anyone else have the same thought when they saw this picture of Castro? "Just bring your fist up under your chin and imagine you're weightless and surrounded by seahorses".

OK, maybe I have a dirty mind, but Stand 'N Stuff is a very bad name for a product. Especially a taco shell. Hope it holds a lot of meat.

Even further down on the food chain is McDonalds, who have a lovely warm, fuzzy promotion of a Hummer with your Happy Meal. What a lovely message for children - not only is it ok to eat a nutritionally and environmentally deficient meal, but let's push the most gluttonous vehicle that you can drive as well. Not what Jesus would drive.

This is just dumb.

5 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

snort - that's exactly that pose that Castro is making!

and you filthy, filthy girl - if I see those tacos in the store I will laugh and laugh.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

The double entendre is probably the only good thing about the hummer. And Jesus probably wouldn't like that kind either.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger J said...

i'm pretty sure jesus likes hummers. "give and you shall receive." hope i receive a stand 'n stuff!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Castro is making the ever-familiar senior picture pose. He just needs a letter jacket, a mullet, and a couple o' gold chains. Oh, and a white background with some kind of prop like some primary colored cubes.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to google the quote to understand the reference, as I am the only person in America who has not seen "Napoleon Dynamite."

I'm going to have to study my Bible to see if I can figure out if Jesus condones hummers of any kind. Any advice on where I should start?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home