Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Grrrr!

My absolute pet peeve (Caution: reading through that link might make make you a little cranky), to which I react way out of proportion to the offense, is people who pull up right outside the grocery store to drop off their significant other to go shopping. Invariably, they are driving some big ass SUV, and invariably, the dropee is not very old and usually fat. And everyone pushing their carts out to their own car has to dice with death because they can't see around the behemoth parked there. It smacks of some weird kind of chivalry where you don't give a fuck about anyone except your nearest and dearest.

And it's also symptomatic of a certain sense of entitlement, that somehow walking across the parking lot is too good for them but not too good for everyone else. And I just hate people who feel entitled.

Speaking of grocery stores, who buys gravy in a jar? . By definition, you are eating the meat that matches the gravy (chicken or beef), so is it so hard to make it from scratch? It just looks so revolting, all cold and congealed in the jar, like a Fear Factor challenge.

While I was cutting coupons, I noticed some of the coupon recipes. They are so fucking lame. Pumpkin pie with vanilla pudding and Cool Whip? Brie with a mixture of apples and nuts (so far, so good), and a nice dollop of 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'? Does anyone ever make this stuff, and more to the point, does anyone ever eat it?

What I can definitely eat is what my sister sent me: some goodies from Scotland. Eating a Caramel wafer takes me back to being ten and going to my Grannie's.

I'm watching Gilmore Girls and it strikes me that it's been a long time since I saw Sookie in something other than her chef clothes. Which is a shame, because I totally use her for wardrobe inspiration; my son thinks I look like her, and she's zaftig like me, and I think her clothes are ever so cute.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger christa said...

grrr, indeed!

you've got the right idea with those last few links. all i needed to snap me out of my foul mood was some retail therapy. at ross i bought a long-sleeved t-shirt, a pair of jeans and a bra -- for $22!!

it put a smile on my face, that's for sure.

by the way, my litte word verification thingy is "gizhm", which also makes me smile.

thanks. :-)

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I'd love to try the pumpkin pie and disprove my irrational food snobbery!

I know what you mean about that pet peeve site - it made me peevish about things I had never even thought to be peevish about before. I left with more than I came with, which in this case is definitely not a good thing. Plus I did have to notice I'm guilty of at least one of them - guess which one !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home