Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, November 28, 2005

Stockholm Syndrome

After being home with my son for a few days, I'm convinced motherhood is a special case of Stockholm Syndrome. I have to admit, I'm kind of glad to be back at work. It's hard to relax when you can't do anything without interruption, and my son is the master at yelling 'M-O-M! M-O-M!' in a semi-urgent voice then when I answer, saying something like 'I love you mom' or 'Look at the cats' or something else that's simultaneously inane and affectionate so I can't get mad at him.

Now that he's back at school, I can make goo-goo eyes at his after-school counsellor for whom I have a little Mrs. Robinson thing. I suspect he flirts with all the moms, and why not? It's actually a little galling to realize Anne Bancroft was only 36 when she was Mrs. Robinson - just a baby cougar.

I did knit half a sweater while I was off, though, and started reading Belle de Jour, the diary of a London call-girl who also blogs. She's a pretty raunchy girl, but I have to say, it reads a bit like those skeevy stories in Penthouse forum. And I can't help thinking she must be a seething mass of chlamydia and genital warts if half of what she writes is true. I actually think it's a very clever marketing campaign - she's advertised herself as uber-kinky and GGG (per Dan Savage - good, giving and game), so she can probably up her rates a bit, and make the most of her limited shelf life.

4 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger J said...

next time you need a break from the sprog, just remember:

you can ring my be-eh-ell,
ring my bell,
my bell,
ring-aling-a-ling.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger christa said...

um, can i borrow that book when you're done?

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Do you mean 'London Call-girl'?

London call-girl
You have to do what I say
English floozie
Because I'm the one who pays
Drugged up threesome
It seems like a jolly plan
With Liam Neeson
Or some similarly endowed man

Oh, you mean 'Mrs. Robinson'?

My verification word, strangely enough, is lacsxuha

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger J said...

the song that phil can't get out of his head is "ring my bell." how can you not know it, you heathen immigrant?

xltufdg =

extremely luscious titties under fred's dotty gown

and here's a new game we used to play at work during important meetings:

patty =

Patchouli
All that and a bag of chips
Twisted Sister
Trophy wife
Yes yes yes yes YES!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home