Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, December 19, 2005

Cabbages and Queens

Wasn't that a lovely speech the Prez gave last night? I paraphrase: 'People are dying so we can save lives'. And I love the line: 'We attract the terrorists by ignoring them'. Damn. I've been giving my son bad advice about bullies.

Here's the Jib-Jab summary of Bush's year. Wonder what further damage he can do in the remaining week and a half of this year?

I can't stand those 'He went to Jared' commercials they have every Christmas, which look like they've been hanging around since the eighties judging by the shoulder pads and jewel-tones the diamond encrusted shrew-matrons are wearing in them. The ads are so chintzy I was convinced that Jared was a local business with a small advertising budget, but actually, they're a big chain. Plus the name reminds me of this guy.

Rolf Harris just finished a lovely portrait of the Queen. It looks like it was painted from a kit. Though it's a tad more flattering than this. I think the Queen is looking more and more like Mary of Teck. I don't know why I care except that the Queen's Speech is such a part of British Christmas that I kind of miss the old bat this time of year. We used to time Christmas lunch for 3:30 in the afternoon, right after her speech: 'Mary Christmas end Gawd bleass us awll'.

I just love Happy Tree Friends. My son actually told me about them; he watches them at camp, which makes me wonder what I pay $40 a day for. But then, I don't suppose I can really complain because we watch them together and laugh our asses off.

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger J said...

did you notice how rolf harris made the queen's nose a penis?

sehjkl = . . . oh fuck it

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

the jared commercials (along with all the other crappy jewelry chains that advertise nonstop every xmas, mother's day, valentine's day, etc) turn my stomach.

my (husband, boyfriend, pimp) shops at jared! he spent ninety-nine whole dollars on this gold teddybear pendant just for me! gag.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home