Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Wintervale

Wintervale is, apparently, the new politically correct term for the Christmas season in the UK. I'm getting so fucking tired of all of this. Just call 'it' whatever floats your boat (Christmas, Happy Holidays, Wintervale, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa), do your best to be respectful of other people's customs, and don't throw a hissy fit if other people accidentally call it the wrong thing, or wish you something you don't believe in. And if you want to exercise your spirituality, volunteer at the soup kitchen or make a donation to charity or go buy groceries for an elderly neighbor. Just don't get your panties in a wad about nothing.

I'm very bummed about no clemency for Tookie Williams. And a little baffled by the talk of redemption and such. What about the fact that the death penalty is flat out wrong? I think it's wonderful that Tookie Williams has found a positive purpose in his life, and has had the opportunity to do some good with his books and speeches. But that really is irrelevant, and all the debating about it is a diversion from the fact that taking someone's life is wrong, whether as a criminal act, or an act of 'justice'.

On a much lighter note, this, via metafilter, is hilarious - it just goes to show the power of a dirty mind. I can't imagine how dirty the mind was that looked at the source pictures and zoomed in on the ambiguous part. Dirtier than mine, and that is truly saying something.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger J said...

merry wintervale, heathen.

yjhldct = your jaunty hat looks divine, cunning temptress

 

Post a Comment

<< Home