Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, September 18, 2006

The Best Part of Waking Up...

I got an email from Folger's (warning: Quicktime), asking if they could advertise on my blog. I'm not interested, but I wonder how much money you would get. Or if you would have to extol the virtues of a crap brand of coffee to earn it. I think I just destroyed my chance of getting asked again.

Willard Wigans makes the most amazing art. I don't even understand how this is possible. The Last Supper inside the eye of a needle is just astonishing. It's one of those talents I don't quite see the point of but am in awe of nevertheless.

I want to go to one of these nightclubs. They're the grown-up equivalent of a bouncy castle. Imagine being wasted inside one of those giant condoms.

Jeez, the Pope. At least he is an equal opportunity offender.

Global warming in Siberia scares the crap out of me. Especially when it's effects (released methane, white lichen dying out, increased lake size) accelerate the process.

My son wants to see that fried worms movie but I just can't do it. Even the trailer revolts me. My son will happily watch this stuff and Fear Factor, and laugh as he eats gummy worms at the same time. Bleagh. He had to buy one of these at the grocery store tonight. It's "contents" are liquified liver, protein shake, duck egg and silkworm cereal.

Here's a movie that I can look forward to. I love Little Britain, especially this pair.

9 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

I wonder if it's really hot in those inflatable plastic nightclubs. Like partying inside a ziploc. Or is it just like one of those tennis domes?

there is liquified liver in that fear factor thing? PUKE. It's enough to make a person say "AAGNFFA!"

(or at least type it to verify their comment)

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My verification word is "wtjgf" which stands for What The Jesus God Fuck, which was my reaction when I looked at those Fear Factor gummy things.

God I am so lucky I gave birth to GIRLS.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few years ago, my niece made me eat a Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean -- specifically, the "vomit" flavored one. I thought, "This is candy. No responsible confectioner would make a candy that actually tasted like vomit." I was more innocent then. When I ate it, my revulsion was matched only by my admiration for the skill of the food chemists who had so accurately reproduced the taste of actual vomit.

Not appealing to me, but then people willingly consume things such as Clamato and Marmite, so what do I know?

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Mmmmmm! Marmite. I love the stuff and I actually get Marmite cravings.

I don't mind the grass or dirt jelly beans. I can't eat the booger, vomit or earwax ones. I accidentally ate a sardine one - I thought it was coconut.

I just feel sorry for the candy quality control people: 'No, this batch is not sufficiently vomitous', 'Yes, this one makes me retch'

Fittingly, my verification word is uhroah

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually kind of like Clamato.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger J said...

I like Folger's Clamato Coffee jellybeans!

RDUPOGI = Raleigh-Durham Pigs on Giant Innertubes

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btkdi

But the kid did indeed show me the gross gummy thing y'all bought. Thanks again for letting me use the printer!

I can't believe I somehow missed this post....

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait!!
What about the Folger's thingy? How did you get them to ask you? I know I wouldn't want them to advertise, but I would like the money. Hm. Dilemma.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger christa said...

i got that folger's email, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home