Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Rainy Day

I hate Caroline. I feel like I ought to like it because of the ethereal thing which I usually love, but somehow she makes me want to barf. Too sweet.

Speaking of things that make me barf, video games really do a number on me. Maybe I have some inner ear thingie, but I can't play them for more than about ten minutes. Which is fine because they do NOTHING for me. But occasionally my son will persuade me to play video games with him, and everytime I do, I'm bored out of my gourd. Except for DDR, which is awesome. I think the problem is that I am excessively non-competitive, at least in the sports/games arena of life.

I am kind of competitive about being a mother, though. I want my son to be successful to show a single mom can do a good job.

There are a bumper crop of really creepy toys this year. I have to say, "Love and Grow" is a horrible name for a doll. I know where my mind goes when I read that name.

Speaking of inappropriately sexy things, my son and I always make a point of visiting the doggy hooker section of Target (as we call it), whenever we are there. It's fascinating - who buys this stuff? Why would you dress you dog in a bling encrusted pink velour boob tube? Or a friggin' tutu?

4 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooH! Maybe I can make doggie hooker costumes for a living! Do you think there's a market for doggie sex toys?

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger J said...

I love Sigur Ros, Cocteau Twins, etc. But I HATE Joanna Newsom. I want to dress her up in a doggie costume, hang her from the ceiling, and beat her like a pinata.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

Joanna Newsom sings like a gnome. I think being young and pretty helps her a LOT.

I always wonder why they have rubber shoes in the Target dog-toy aisle - doesn't that promote REAL shoe chewing, or do dogs not notice the similarity. Hmmm.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of days ago when I was in target, I saw a woman on that aisle, looking at the dog hooker costumes.

I had to bite my shoulder, hard*, to avoid actually going up to her and telling her off.

*I have the bruise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home