Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Das euroslutten

That's Mykull. Every time I listen to one of his mix CDs, I want to dress him up in a black turtlneck and make him smoke Gauloises. He has a streak of eurotrash a mile wide. And excellent musical taste, of course. Including a couple of Scottish bands - yay!

Mykulls ES Mix

TrackArtist
Here Comes the SunNina Simone
WildcatRatatat
Your GhostKristen Hersh
Rental CarBeck
Let Your Body DecideThe Ark
Smiley FacesGnarls Barkley
Silent ShoutThe Knife
It's Getting Light OutsideClearlake
The Advancing FlagsLansing-Dreiden
Lonely SoulDJ Shadow
1234Cansei de Ser Sexy
Miss YouThe Concretes
Coming in from the ColdThe Delgados
Friendship UpdateThe Go! Team
I Love My JeanCamera Obscura
Leave Me HereHem
Shower SceneSaint Etienne

6 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger J said...

Mykull hat longes blondes haar. Das ist sehr euroslutten. Genicht. Auf wiedersehen.

That's about the extent of my German. Maybe it will help me pick up some other Euroslutten.

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mykull your german makes me want to be a Euroslutten.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I'm obsessed with Silent Shout, and now I want the whole CD...

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger J said...

The rest of the CD is kinda lame, in my opinion. But Silent Shout is pure brilliance. Also, a great workout song. We should come up with an "Indie Workout CD" and sell it on an infomercial and get rich.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

No kidding. My aerobics instructor has the LAMEST music on the planet. He's stuck in the 80's and not in a good way.

I remember the same phenomenom happening with Band of Horses - I adored 'Funeral' and the rest of the CD was lame-o. Thank God for limewire so we don't actually have to pay for them.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger J said...

limewire is my god. speaking of, now i have to go download some scanner! i'm also going to go through all my old audio cassettes (remember those?) from high school and college and see what music/bands i forgot about and download them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home