Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Friday, October 27, 2006

And another one

My darling son has been telling me about his school bus driver, who forces the boys to be chivalrous and give up their seats for girls. I just can't believe in this day and age that this still happens. It really bothers me - what is the message here? That girls are more feeble and need a seat more, or that chivalry is only practised by men towards women, or that manners need to be imposed upon the unwilling? Never mind the fact that there aren't enough seats for everyone.

I was buying The Information from Overstock.com (coz I want the stickers and the videos and the Scientology subliminal brain washing and all that other stuff) when I got an exceedingly annoying pop-up for a live assistant.

I detest obsequious service, and I thought online shopping was a haven from it. I hate when waiters ask you 50,000 times how everything is, usually when your mouth is full of something unflattering like spinach salad. I hate when shop assistants follow you around and ask if you can find everything ok or if they can help you with anything, usually when you're fingering the gusset of a gigantic pair of granny panties or musing on whether you need super plus or super plus plus tampons. I hate the feeling that Big Brother is hovering over your shoulder, ready to chip in with his opinion on your purchasing choices - "Honey - super plus plus. No question".

The ex-White House Chef has written a tell-all book. Apparently, the Bushes are rather boring about their food, surprise, surprise, and took advantage of state dinners to pay tribute to their big donors with disgusting recipes such as turkey stuffed with Dunkin' Donuts. I think they should hire this man as the White House chef.

I kind of want this CD, not least because of it's name. But also because I like what I've heard from it too.

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger J said...

does the "he" who poos clouds also poo in london trains?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

do you have the last final fantasy CD? it's more compelling, in my humble opinion.

i've been turned off of beck since I found out about the subliminal brainwashing etc - but his performance on SNL this week was good. I liked the puppet version of the band playing simultaneously. I can always be won over by puppets.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

No, I don't. Though I've heard bits of it. Hint, hint

I saw Beck on SNL too, and really liked him. The whole clam thing is bothersome, I have to say. I think he did the puppet thing at Bonnaroo too. And I hate to say, he looks hot with the long hair. As did the puppet Beck. But neither one of them is a patch on Hugh Laurie. Especially doing his protest song.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

Puppet Beck really looked more like a Wilson brother. I can never keep them straight.

it's yours, chickadee :-)

First it confused my brain to see Hugh Laurie speaking in his "american" accent. Now it confuses me to see him speaking in his regular accent! Although I will always see him as poncy royalty on Blackadder, and not as a grumpy limping doc on House.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger christa said...

oh my gosh, you would HATE secret shopping, marianne. if the customer service isn't on par with what the franchise *wants* and *expects*, the report is going to reflect badly upon the server/cashier/whatever. i'm afraid you'd give the highest rating to the most blase of customer service people. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home