Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Truff of Despondency

I'm pretty much getting over the whole wallet thing, but have had a couple of other minor things happen that have bummed me out. I feel very subdued these days - not exactly depressed but not very upbeat either. I wish I had some of these haggis truffles, they sound pretty good. I would totally eat these; haggis is good stuff if you don't think about it too much, plus I am in the mood to indulge in maudlin homesickness.

OK, this headline is very unfortunate. I hope the break dancing competitions were not in the nude, though I do picture bowler hats and sock suspenders. On a related note, John Cleese is retiring, because he can't top Fawlty Towers.

They keep playing trailers for that stupid, sappy Lake House movie. I think the premise is Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock live in the same lake house two years apart but somehow communicate with each other. What would happen if he farted? Would she smell it? Or if he cut the house from it's moorings and took it on a wild ride? Now either one of those would be a good movie.

Soapbox time; a list of male privileges. I think there are probably a few female privileges that we take for granted; here's a few:

  • Your worth is measured in many different ways other than your income.
  • If you cry, in general, people will feel sympathy and not discomfort or disgust.
  • If you are a naturally quiet, submissive person, it will not be considered a defect.
  • If you are even moderately pretty and minimally charming, you will get free goods and services.
  • You will be able to form close relationships with members of either sex that are nurturing and intimate, without being sexual.
  • You can give birth.
  • You can appropriate opposite sex behaviors and dress and it's considered cute, not deviant. Anyone think of anymore?

    I'm a big touristy dork; I would like to see the Parade of Sails. But I would definitely not like to see Train. Bleagh.

  • 6 Comments:

    At 9:04 AM, Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

    I think the Lake House premise is that there's a magic mailbox that connects Sandra and Keanu from past to present.

    oooo...magic mailbox.

    I think it was actually a Korean movie, first.

     
    At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    There's no shame in being unable to top "Fawlty Towers" -- hardly anybody has been able to. Although it's been years since I've seen the show, so I don't actually remember if it's as funny as it's supposed to be. At its worst, though, it's probably better than fifteen "Yes, Dear"s.

     
    At 1:53 PM, Blogger J said...

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH . . . MAGIC MAILBOX.

    (i know pinky already said it, but i had to say it again, except with more emphasis.)

     
    At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's stew. I don't know my own website addy, and I am at a friend's house, so I am posting "anonymously."

    Anyhoo, I've been thinking about your minor slump. Wanna hang out sometime soon???

    xxoo

     
    At 7:47 PM, Blogger J said...

    is stew e-mailing you from two years in the future via a magic e-mailbox?

     
    At 9:13 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

    Let's see - Stew, what amazing world event or weather is going to happen tomorrow that will knock my socks off?

    Now I want to see that dumb movie.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home