Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Dead or Alive

So, the Scotsman is reporting that Bin Laden is dead. To which I say: Does it really matter? Iraq is completely fucked in any case.

Speaking of Bin Laden, I was flipping through the channels this morning and happened upon Bill Clinton tearing Chris Wallace a new one when he questioned why he didn't go after Bin Laden more vigorously. That was rather entertaining to watch.

This skinny model ban is interesting. I sort of feel like the ideal attitude is acceptance of all healthy bodies, regardless of size, and that beauty comes in all shapes. Although I love this designer who makes clothes for women with real bodies.

I read this story about Prince Charles, and although a little wasteful and prima-donnaish, am hardly overwhelmed by the wanton extravagance of it all. So he gets six eggs cooked and eats the best one? How many eggs does the average McDonald's waste every day?

Here are ten albums to listen to this fall. I'm intrigued by Joanna Newsom, and, as always, Beck.

Buckethead is coming to Raleigh. I'm sort of interested but not sure I could take a whole show of him.

5 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Blogger J said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger J said...

I wrote a long comment and it got lost. Ungh. In any case, what I wrote in a nutshell is that the Clinton interview is amazing! It's about time someone told Fox News where to shove their radical conservative propaganda. CNN and all other mainstream media aren't much better, sadly . . . I think the way this admininstration has been handled with kid gloves by the media will go down as a dark spot in our history.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger J said...

P.S. Joanna Newsom makes my ears and brain bleed. But I'm very excited for the new Beck.

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully agree that there need to be better, cheap options for women with real bodies. Cause, um, I have no good clothes right now.

Did you notice on your designer's page the model is nibbling on a croissant? Is that supposed to be empowering or just a descriptor? "Hey! Big Girls Eat Croissants!"

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the skinny model ban is like Head Start for normal-sized women? Or trust-busting? Because the whisper-thin women have held such a monopoly for so long? These are horrible analogies, I know. I agree with you that the ideal, egalitarian solution is to include models of all shapes, not to exclude models of just a certain shape. But I really don't know what the fashion industry should do, which is one of many reasons why I'm not a fashion designer.

That dolphin lady is hot, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home