Mars

Hi, The point (if there is a point) of this blog is to post liner notes and playlists of mix CDs originating from moi and hopefully fanning out into a chain of mix CDs. If you get a CD from me, make me and a friend one, and email me some liner notes and I'll post them. Then your friend should make you and someone else a mix CD etc etc. Maybe it will work PS If you want to be on my knit list, let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

About bloody time

I've been working on a workout CD but am too lazy to do liner notes this time. And I know Neko Case is probably not quite bouncy enough to work out to, but I fucking love her voice. Got a problem with that? I also fucking hate that there is a high percentage that seem to be in commercials. But I still like them.

Marianne's Workout CD

TrackArtist
(Get A) Grip (On Yourself)The Stranglers
Baby C'monStephen Malkmus
Circle Square TriangleTest Icicles
Cold WorldThe Electric Soft Parade
Could Be AnythingThe Eames Era
Dance Me InSons & Daughters
Fraud In The '80sMates of State
If You KnewNeko Case
Low LifeSCANNeRS
My DoorbellThe White Stripes
DebaserPixies
Sister JackSpoon
Skip To The EndThe Futureheads
Solid Gold Easy ActionMarc Bolan & T.Rex
This Charming ManThe Smiths
to be myself completelybelle and sebastian
Venus In FursDevotchka
Wolf ParadeFancy Claps
You Better Get ReadyThe Rosebuds

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger J said...

The Smiths are surprisingly a great band to work out to. I played "Every Day Is Like Sunday" twice in a row while on the elliptical machine the other day.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

My aerobics instructor has the cheesiest mix of 80's Madonna and Buster Poindexter. It's absolutely deadly. But I think he likes it - he calls it 'party music'. I'm such a horrible snob sometimes

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this extremely awesome CD. You happened to include my second favorite Stranglers song -- although I do grant you that "Peaches" is not such a great workout song. It's an excellent "skulking around lecherously" song, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home